Benchmark is a simple tool which provides architects and specifiers with fast, useful and realtime context about how good a product performs for a particular technical property, in comparison to similar products in the market.
How to Access Benchmark
Benchmark is available to all registered users on SpecifiedBy. If you’ve not registered, you can create a free account here.
It can be found within the property tables of each product listing on the site. Like this:
All you have to do is hover over the little bar indicator on any active property:
And the Benchmark gauge will load:
This modal shows you:
- The range of values available for this property, within the category of product you are viewing
- A visual gauge of how well the product performs within this property (The closer to the right the better).
- A little bit of text explaining where the product ranks for this property, in comparison to other products available
- A link to a search results page showing all the similar products which have an equal or better performance than the current product.
- If the product is in the top 1%, it gets a little star ⭐
Note: Not all properties have Benchmark activated yet, but we're working on adding more every week.